General Federation of
Living the Volunteer Spirit
GFWC Mission Statement
GFWC Illinois is a philanthropic organization dedicated to community improvement by enhancing the lives of others through volunteer service.
3 Great Reasons to Join
Volunteer opportunities for women to better their communities.
Women networking toward common goals and mutual interest.
Personal growth through leadership training and development.
GFWC Illinois Federation of Women's Clubs membership ranges from ages 12 to 100!
Almost 6000 women, in about 200 clubs, throughout the state of Illinois, in small towns and big cities, have found fun and fellowship working together with over 100,000 women world wide to improve their communities and support charities and important causes. In the past GFWC has supported the installation of street lights nationwide, the painting of white lines in the center of highways, the installation of seat belts in our automobiles, supported soldiers and veterans, and worked to fight child abuse to name just a few of our programs.
The GFWC Illinois State Project is: Our Promise A Safe Place for Every Child (prevention of child abuse). Today the signature project of all GFWC clubs worldwide is to work to fight domestic violence, because THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR ABUSE.
Won’t you join with us and become a member of GFWC Illinois? A list of our clubs in your area can be found by calling our office in Joliet or visit this page to see clubs that have their own web sites.
Our members belong to one of GFWC's three divisions:
* General clubs, in every state and internationally, whose members range in age from 18 to 102
* Junior clubs, in 25 states, whose members meet the requirements for Junior membership in their state
* Juniorette clubs, sponsored by women's or Junior women's clubs, whose members are middle school, junior high school, and high school students
Newly appointed Prevent Child Abuse (PCA) America President Dan Duffy will be attending GFWC Illinois Convention on Thursday evening to participate in Federation Banquet. This is thanks to quick action by 3rd District President Annette Andretich-
The phone number for the Florist is wrong:
Ask for Hannah.
Diana Rauner is scheduled to stop by
Thursday afternoon at 3:00 pm to bring greetings.
Miss Illinois, Crystal Davis, will be with us Friday during the late afternoon sessions.
GFWC ILLINOIS PRESIDENT’S LETTER
To: GFWC Illinois District and Club Presidents, Board, Junior Board, Past Presidents, Past Directors
From: Diane E. Addante, GFWC Illinois President 2014-
April 18, 2016
I’ve got more news to share. Please work with your club members to make this happen.
I received a letter from Linda Bowlby, 19th District member and member of Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR). They are trying to set a new Guinness World Record for the most letters sent to service personnel in one month. With 10,000 letters, they can do it. We can help.
We would like to gather letters from GFWC Illinois members at our Convention in May to deliver to Linda who will then deliver them to her DAR group. From there, they will be hand-
1. Each letter must have a greeting (e.g. Dear Soldier or Dear Service Person’s name)
2. Each must include an original message of support/appreciation
3. Each must contain a closing (e.g. Love, Thanks, Sincerely) with a signature
4. Each letter should be in an unsealed envelope and bear a first class U.S. postage stamp with your return address on the envelope
5. The letters must be addressed to one of the military installations listed at www.dar.org/WorldRecord. If you are unable to visit this site, address your letter to Betsey Ruiter, CMR 489 Box 260, APO AE 09751. Letters sent to this address will be distributed throughout the Stuttgart, Germany military community. You can choose instead to address a letter to an active duty individual you know personally.
6. Each participant writes just one letter. Children can participate as well.
Then, bring the letters to Convention or send with someone local who is attending and you can perhaps be part of a new world record. And many service personnel will have a better day because of you.
Hope you are excited by this as I am!
Thanks in advance. I truly appreciate all you do.